AEM 30-6905 EMS-4 Universal Standalone Engine Management System
The AEM 30-6905 - EMS-4 Universal Standalone Engine Management System is manufactured by AEM Electronics specifically for 4 cylinder race car and modified Powersports applications. AEM Electronics was the first company to build and supply a complete standalone engine control system that can be plugged right into the vehicle's factory wiring harness and sensors. This means that you will not need to modify your factory wiring harness at all.
The AEM 30-6905 is a standalone plug and play UNIVERSAL engine management system that is designed to completely replace your factory ECU.
The less expensive AEM-6905 EMS-4 EMS leverages much of AEM's more powerful Series 2 hardware but doesn't include some of the more advanced features and components that make the Series 2 so much more expensive!
If your vehicle's engine has outgrown the factory ECU's ability to control it, the AEM EMS-4 provides complete engine control to maximize power and reliability - and at a great price point. So if you don't need the advanced features of the AEM Series 2 Plug & Play Engine Management System, we recommend the EMS-4 Universal Standalone Engine Management System for your vehicle.
NOTE: You may want to consider the following wiring harness options: 30-2905-96 Full Harness or 30-2905-0 Mini Harness.
The following key features, capabilities and specifications are supported by the EMS-4 Universal Standalone Engine Management System:
- 36-pin connector that is specifically designed to operate in harsh environments
- Completely sealed and weather/shock proof, allowing it to be mounted anywhere
- Works with MAG or HALL crank inputs and can directly drive smart coils or an external igniter such as AEM’s 4-Channel Coil Driver (part # 30-2840)
- Compact (4.8" x 4.55" x 1.44"), weather/shock proof enclosure
- Utilizes AEMTuner interface software
- System is fully enabled and unlocked – Never pay for upgrades
- Context sensitive help eases tuning process
- Maps can be Password Protected to prevent unauthorized usage sharing
- Data analysis using AEMdata software
- 4 saturated injector drivers
- 4 Coil triggers
- 8 general purpose inputs/outputs
- Mag or Hall cam and crank inputs
- O2 input
- Knock input
- 8 MB internal data logger
- VSS Hall input
- CAN data stream
- USB comm port
Note: Includes Windows Compatible software to allow simple data manimpulation.
The included AEMTUNER software enables tuners to program any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately delivers proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operating condition.
The AEMTUNER software features include:
- Support Pane gives tuners context sensitive help and uses tuners actual calibrations to describe each function.
- Internal conflict detection notifies tuner if obvious errors exist in assignment of inputs/outputs.
- Compare Calibrations allows tuners to graphically compare tables and maps for easy analysis.
- Workspaces are easily customizable and configurable.
- Colored tables and maps.
- Auto-Conversion feature allows tuners to easily convert existing maps from Series 1 to Series 2 systems.
The supplied startup calibrations are a perfect starting point for stock or slightly modified vehicles when it comes to working with your OEM sensors. For seriously modified vehicles, the EMS can be reconfigured/reprogrammed to integrate with aftermarket sensors.
Please feel free to call our friendly and knowledgeable staff if you have any questions or visit the AEM Electronics website to learn more about the AEM 30-6905 part. We can provide you with DIY Installation instructions too.
The AEM 30-6905 - EMS-4 Universal Standalone Engine Management System is AVAILABLE and ready to be shipped to you quickly. The AEM EMS-4 Universal Standalone Programmable EMS enables you to take full control over your engine tuning to maximize performance.
|Part Type:||Engine Management System|
|Size:||4.8 x 4.55 x 1.44 Inches|
|Part Specs:||See features above.|
|Part Specs Continued:|
|Product Weight (lbs.):||4.0|
|Related Parts:||30-2905-96 , 30-2905-0|
|Kit Contents:||Includes AEMTUNER software|
|Product Warranty:||12 Month Manufacturer Limited Warranty|